November in South Korea

Live Octopus

Live Octopus

Halong Bay, VIetnam

Halong Bay, VIetnam

Vietnam

Vietnam

Vietnam

Vietnam

Street art in Vietnam

Street art in Vietnam

November has been my busiest month so far. In the beginning of the month I decided to visit Vietnam with a friend of mine for a week and explore Hanoi. Vietnam was probably the most chaotic place I have ever been to. We knew that this trip was going to crazy as soon as we exited the airport. All we saw was a huge sea of traffic that went on for miles. About 90% of the traffic was people riding on scooters. While in Vietnam we tried a bunch of different types of street food from locals. In addition to trying local food we also got a chance to try some of the local beer which was pretty good. Some of the best food places that we found were in the smallest alleyways.

The beer in Vietnam is very different than the beer in Korea. The beer in Korea tends to more like a Pilsner and beer from Hanoi is more like a Lager. One of the coolest things that we did was kayaking in the ocean in an area called Halong Bay. This area was filled with miles and miles of mountains. Many of these mountains had hidden caves and tunnels running through them. A day or two after our visit to Halong we decided to rent scooters and really explore Hanoi. During our scooter adventure we found some really good places to eat on the outskirts of town.

This past weekend I visited Seoul and I ate live octopus for the first time. When eating live octopus you have to have it cut into tiny pieces so that it doesn’t kill you as you eat it. Eating the octopus was kind of hard to get used to. Not only do you have to fight to get it off the plate, you also have to fight it once it’s in your mouth. Once it’s in your mouth you have to pull it off of your tongue and cheek while attempting to chew it for what feels like 5 min. I am still undecided about how I feel about the whole experience but I feel like I would probably try it again.