Cheers to one month!

Hello everyone! I’m finally checking in from South Korea! I feel like I can’t even type in English anymore! This is especially ironic because, I am an english major!! I am just always surrounded by Hangul and Korean in general nowadays~! I’ve been here for over a month or so, in South Korea! First off, the flight to South Korea was a killer! I flew from Minnesota to San Francisco, to South Korea. Totalling to about 20+ hours! Once getting to Soon Chun Hyang, all the students who arrived that evening, checked in with Suejung! Our wonderful advisor who is in charge of all the international students. We went through introduction stuff and setting up bank accounts for the first week or so. Classes started to kick in and I started making a bunch of new friends. I’ve traveled to Seoul almost every weekend that I’ve been here! 

I absolutely love the area that SCH is located in! Sinchang is an awesome area with many restaurants and marts! For a “small” area, it’s pretty huge and there’s always something to do, something to eat, and something to buy in Sinchang! 

Sinchang~

Sinchang~

Sinchang at night~!

Sinchang at night~!

Sinchang is also near other cities that also have an extensive amount of shops and food! A popular place that many students travel to is Onyang, which is one subway stop away from Sinchang! 

Onyang has a huge street market full of produce and street foods that are worth trying!

Onyang Market!

tteokbokki from Han's Deli in Onyang

tteokbokki from Han’s Deli in Onyang

I was also lucky enough to celebrate my 20th birthday in Korea!! It was a blast. My suite mates and new friends were so caring and thoughtful, I felt very touched by the whole experience~

My friends surprised me with a cake!!

My friends surprised me with a cake!!

Overall, my first month has been extremely busy! I am so excited to see what’s in store for me this semester!