2018-2019 Travel Seminars
Ireland Graduate Travel Seminar – September 23-30, 2018
- Explore the work-life experience of families in both Dublin and Galway
- Visit local universities, corporations, and government agencies
- Register for course GST 597 Ireland (CRN 10868)
Nicaragua Graduate Travel Seminar – January 2019
- Explore Managua as you learn about economic growth and the influence of community with sustainability.
- Learn and evaluate business principals, worker’s rights, and fair trade practices in a different culture.
- Register for course GST 597 Nicaragua (CRN 26376)
Chile Graduate Travel Seminar – February 22-March 4, 2018 (Closed)
- Visit businesses, governmental, and cultural sites
- Broaden your perspective on the global economy
- Register for course GST 597 Chile (CRN 26276)
Upcoming Travel Seminars 2019-2020
Dominican Republic Graduate Travel Seminar – December 1-7, 2019 (tentative dates)
- Compare and contrast business and sport processes between the U.S. and Dominican Republic through visits to the Twins MLB Academy and Dominican Republic Winter League.
- Investigate sport-related, traumatic, and repetitive injuries that laborers and blue-collars employees suffer daily and over time in the Dominican Republic.
- Register for course GST 597 Dominican Republic (course CRN coming soon)
Professor: Matthew Buns
Cost Estimate: $1,800 (does not include airfare or tuition)
Academic Credit Information
See the Graduate Travel Course Equivalent page for more information about course substitution specific to your graduate program. Our travel courses are multi-disciplinary and we encourage students from a diverse set of programs to travel and learn together. The emphasis of the trip reflects the faculty who are co-teaching the course. Students will register for GST 597 and will receive a letter grade for the travel course once completed.
Understanding Program and Academic Costs
See the Financial Information for Graduate Students page for more information about the program fee (what’s included and what is not included), payment and cancellation policies, and a link to financial aid resources.