2. Countdown? Who’s counting down, not me…

Dear friends,

I have been here in Cambridge, England for 47 days. A wild ride so far. They say the homesickness goes away. I’m still waiting for that to happen. In the meantime, there are many lessons I am learning, especially about trusting God and his timing and Patience. Oh that patience. But God has good plans. But my sinful nature can’t help but count down the days until I fly back to my family, fiance, and friends [and American food, one cannot watch too much Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network, so good!].

It has taken a while for classes to get up and running and to understand what the structure is supposed to be. To be frank, the teachers for sure know their stuff, but class administration is lacking. The faulty and staff seem to be wearing too many hats. But I am trusting them to prioritize. I am a little nervous for the end of the semester when papers and tests happen, but I’m sure I will find out how those work. I just need to keep up on the readings and homework.

I seem to have more free time than usual. This may be because I am not involved in any clubs or jobs. That’s probably it. So, I use this free time to read for classes mostly, so there ya go. But this time also allows me to cook better meals for myself, take long walks down by the River Cam, and I have more time to delve into Scripture and have Jesus and Kara time. Which is great. Perhaps there is another lesson God is trying to teach me here.

Free time also gives me opportunities to spend time with the wonderful friends I have made here. Watching movies, gallivanting off to the pub, and having chats at the dinner table are just some of the few things that I enjoy doing with these people. I am going to miss them.

I have travel plans for my month long break. I have purchased plane tickets to Germany, Denmark, Ireland, and Scotland for two weeks of non stop traveling. Many adventures will be had.

That is all I have to say for this time. Don’t be shy to message me on Facebook! Blessings!

Kara Zieroth

P.S. Attached are some pictures of Luther Hall, the River Cam, the Church, Salisbury Cathedral, and King’s College Chapel.

Dining Room in Luther HallKitchen in Luther HallBedroom in Luther HallResurrection ChurchSalisbury CathedralKing's College ChapelThe River Cam

One Reply to “2. Countdown? Who’s counting down, not me…”

1. Kate Larson

Kara, your pictures are beautiful! I can just imagine those walks along the river and it sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to hearing stories from your travels during your break.

Reply