Life in Cusco

03/28/2016

We’ve all heard the saying “time flies when you’re having fun.” This saying couldn’t be truer as I approach the end of my third month living in Cusco. Spending a semester in another country is one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences one could have. The past month I’ve been blessed with a church here in Cusco, called Tres Cruzes which in Spanish translates to three crosses. I knew that God had sent me to Cusco for a reason I just didn’t know it yet. I’ve learned not only about the Peruvian culture but also some realities of being a missionary. Which includes being homesick and literally getting sick. But there are always moments that make me remember that the bad times aren’t so bad. I have been blessed to be able to travel to Machu Picchu not only once but twice. I’ve seen some of the most beautiful sites in Cusco such as Cristo Blanco and Saqsaywaman. I don’t want to have an average study abroad experience. I want to return to Minnesota DSCN0913 knowing that I made lasting impressions and instead of saying goodbye, I will be able to say “I can’t wait till I see you again.”  Studying abroad isn’t about being a tourist it’s about engaging in a different culture and finding a deeper meaning of oneself. But rather it is an extraordinary opportunity for personal growth and a chance for new adventures to happen. I am happy to say that I am constantly learning and practicing my new Spanish skills. I can’t wait to see what April has in store for me! Blessings from Cusco. DSCN0023DSCN0270