London, I’m obsessed with you

I’ve been in London for a month and I have never felt so much love for one city within such a short period of time. I’ve been to London before and I’ve always known that it was a city that I enjoyed but that is nothing compared to the feeling you get when you ‘live’ here. London is a huge melting pot, everywhere you go there are different groups of people that embody strong roots in their culture while also adapting to the British lifestyle and that is probably my favorite thing about this city.

img_0350

My first few weeks of being in London was all about exploring, I knew that if I wanted to become a ‘local’ I would need to get out all of the ‘tourist’ things out of the way. I took a tour of Westminster Abbey, probably one of my favorite things that I have done so far because I remember vividly being obsessed with the royal wedding back in 2009 so being in the church that Kate and William got married in was just the icing on the cake.

I also took a visit to Big Ben and Buckingham Palace which are both equally fascinating and beautiful in their own right. I can actually hear the chimes of Big Ben from my dorm room which is something that I’m awestruck by every hour. London is a city that is filled with so much history that everyday I feel like I’m a ‘tourist’ which isn’t a bad thing because I think it keeps being in London exciting, there’s something new to do everyday and even if I don’t make it a mission within myself to go out and see a new building it seems like it’s just inevitable.

14484597_10154592975773466_3360599701044553830_n

14470436_10154592975828466_5692373133490387559_n

I’m loving every part of being in London, it is a city that I have grown to love and in such a short amount of time has felt like a second home to me.