Read through the answers to frequently asked questions for undergraduate travel. If your question is not answered, email abroad@csp.edu or stop by the CALL Center in Meyer Hall 115.

Am I academically eligible to study abroad?

Students are considered academically eligible to study abroad if they have the GPA required for the program (as well as any program-specific prerequisite classes), favorable references, and are in good academic standing.

Do I have to be fluent in a foreign language?

No, you don’t have to be fluent. More and more, students may study in a non-English speaking country yet take courses in English.

If I study abroad will I still graduate on time?

You should. We work hard to make sure that taking part in one of our programs will not delay your graduation. With early planning, any student can have a great international experience and still graduate on time. The best time to start planning your study abroad experience is your first-year of college.

Will my classes transfer back to Concordia?

Yes. You should begin working with an academic advisor and a study abroad advisor well in advance of going abroad to make this go smoothly.

Is it expensive to study abroad?

That depends. Studying abroad can be as inexpensive or as expensive as you make it. Factors to consider are program type and living and travel expenses. Check out the financing study abroad page for resources and tips on making study abroad affordable for you.

What if I need accommodation for a physical or learning disability?

There are many programs for study abroad that will work with students with a need for academic or physical accommodation.  The C.A.L.L. Center encourages students with such needs to explore the possibility of study abroad.  We will be happy to work with you to research study abroad options and hopefully find one that will suit you personally as well as academically.

Students who make requests for accommodations that require advance planning are urged to self-disclose when they first meet with a study abroad advisor.  Or, you may also do so immediately upon acceptance to the program. Unfortunately, late requests may result in the delay, substitution, or denial of accommodations. The staff and the study abroad program will make every reasonable effort to accommodate late requests.

Do I have to find my own housing?

No, it is normally part of what the program provides. Depending on the semester or year program you choose, you might stay in student residences, a student hostel, an apartment, or with a home-stay. Short-term participants live in hotels, university housing, or in home-stays. Check with the program you are interested in to find out about housing options and the housing application process

Can I work while I’m abroad?

This depends on the flexibility of your visa. Check with the consulate of your host country to be sure.