Why Study Abroad?
- Gain an opportunity to travel and explore other countries
- Learn about another culture first-hand to expand your worldview
- Experience personal growth in response to living, adapting, and functioning in another culture
- Make friends from around the world
- Gain an international perspective
- Become more conscious of yourself and cultural perspectives
- Break out of your academic routine – take a chance by challenging yourself
- Learn a language through immersion
Semester/Summer/Year Programs (including internships and student teaching abroad)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Note that specific programs may require a higher GPA.
- Hold at least a sophomore standing at the time of participation and students need to be enrolled full-time at CSP (12+ credits) prior to studying abroad.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing at CSP.
- Not have an outstanding balance or financial obligations to CSP before going abroad.
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully adjust to new cultural, living, and academic conditions.
See each trip for specific requirements.
Spend either the fall or spring, or the full academic year studying abroad. All CSP-sponsored programs on our website have been vetted and approved. CSP financial aid may be used for participation on a CSP-sponsored program. Find out more and search for a program that fits your academic and personal goals on the Study Abroad Web Page.
CSP’s Undergraduate Travel Seminars are 6-12 day travel courses led by CSP faculty. Student enroll in the travel course during Spring Semester and travel takes place during winter break, spring break, or in May. Travel Seminars change each year, are offered in various locations, and often satisfy general education and major/minor requirements. Visit the Undergraduate Travel Seminars Web Page for more information.
CSP’s Graduate Travel Seminars are multi-disciplinary travel courses. We encourage students from a diverse set of programs to travel and learn together. Find out more about course substitution and programs on the Graduate Travel Seminar Web Page
CSP offers a variety of programs in which you can gain invaluable work experience during a semester or over the summer. Take your career preparation to the next level by considering an internship or student teaching experience abroad. Find out more on the International Internship Web Page.