- Develop Chinese language skills and study Chinese culture
- Academic programs in various fields of study
- Live with Chinese students and other exchange students in the Hostel Culture Village
Zhuhai, China is a coastal city with green hills to the north located in South Eastern China. Zhuhai is a 70 minute ferry ride from Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Zhuhai’s warm climate and clean air make it one of the most comfortable places to live in China. Concordia’s semester study abroad program in Zhuhai is an exchange opportunity with United International College (UIC). UIC has 4,000 students providing a small community similar to Concordia. UIC combines western liberal arts and traditional Chinese higher education models with all courses taught in English. See the UIC Brochure for more information.
- Business Management
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science and Technology
- Chinese Language and Culture Program
- CSP Tuition
- Study Abroad Administrative Fee
- Housing (paid directly to UIC)
- Other expenses: airfare, food, textbooks, transportation, insurance, visa, and other personal expenses
Live on-campus with a Chinese roommate for a full cultural immersion. Students are housed in the Student Hostel Culture Village. The village accommodates Chinese students and exchange students. Rooms are double occupancy and each room has its own bathroom. Other facilities include a common lounge, kitchenette, and a multi-purpose study room and laundry area.
A passport valid for 6 months beyond the end of the program is required. Additionally, a Chinese visa is required for participation on the program. Talk to your study abroad advisor for assistance with the visa application.
“October was such a fun month. I got to meet many new friends during this month. I’ve met a lot of awesome UIC students that really makes my stay here in China 10x better than what it already was. We usually hang out everyday to grab lunch or dinner.” – Loc Luong, Fall 2015